Board of Trustees
Class of 2016
Class of 2017
Class of 2018
Trustees Report 2015
The following bullet list describes The Trustee Committee accomplishments for 2015. Not all of the projects have been completed. The last section of the list describes future projects that will be worked on during 2016.
- Changed sanctuary lighting to efficient LED bulbs
- Replaced lighted exit signs over doors to comply with fire code
- Replaced light fixtures in Men’s bathroom with brighter updated CFL units
- Replaced light fixtures in youth classroom, library, nursery and hallway with updated, brighter CFL units that use the newer T-12 bulbs. Fixtures are used with three instead of four bulbs
- Replaced light fixture in office with bright LED unit.
- Adjusted light beam to cross and replaced one cross light fixture
- Removed tile in men’s bathroom in preparation for ceramic tile floor
- Ordered new wallpaper trim for hallway bathroom
- Repaired circuit board in south auto door to prevent broken or detached wire (silicone sealant hold down)
- Installed downward facing exterior “night sky” light fixture on south wall of fellowship hall
- Replace the roof on the older playground shed
- Cleaned the mole disrupted soil from the south irrigation box for easier access. Installed a wire mesh screen in the box bottom to prevent future mole entry.
- Installed concrete patio squares around the south irrigation box
- Pruned the Marion Fife dogwood and other courtyard trees for better mowing access
- Completed major pruning of lower Douglas-fir branches in the grove north of the building.
- Pruned other ornamental trees and dogwoods around the building
- Cleaned gutters and roof during spring clean-up day
- Pressure washed concrete walkways along south fellowship wall and courtyard
- Completed major plant bed care around the building
- Mowing team kept the grass in good control during the season
- Weeds cut from parking barriers and other areas as needed
- Brush cut from parking lot bank to expose two planted native oaks.
- Mowed the ivy beds in the “deck-up” highest position in order to cut off invading brush. Operation proved to be a very successful experiment which will be continued. The thinned out ivy still looks attractive
- Cleaned all of the church property of storm blown small branches and bigger dead wood.
Near Future Plans
- Replace mercury vapor light fixture in playground with a more efficient, special LED bulb
- Replace fellowship hall lighting with fixtures more like the sanctuary
- Install two or more night sky fixtures around the courtyard and on east sanctuary wall
- Improve lighting at the north door with LED fixture
- Install handicap access stall in men’s bathroom
- Conduct any necessary maintenance on furnaces. Reseal water leak areas in the exhaust stacks.
- Conduct a major pruning of Douglas-firs north and south of the building and especially those south of the building near the road exit. Cut large branches that can break off during fall and winter storms. Release the large oak from overtopping shade by the fir. May need to hire some of the work to be done.
- Complete the stairway and upper floor in the garage.
- Insulate and sheetrock the garage
Kenelm Russell 10/2/15
2015 All Church Conference
October 13, 2015